Does my AC unit purify the air quality indoors? Many people have asked this question and the simple and honest answer is yes. It purifies the air in your dwelling and improves the air quality. AC units not only regulate the room temperature but also take care of any dust, pollen, humidity, and odor in the air.
According to the World Health Organization, good indoor air quality is a necessity for everyone as air pollution can cause conditions like wheezing, coughing, shortness of breath, and even more serious ailments like asthma and lung cancer. The importance of an air conditioning unit cannot be overemphasized. However, there are certain tips to apply to keep getting top performance from your unit.
Reasons To Take Proper Care Of Your Air Filters
1. Air filters are the most hardworking components in your unit because they trap spores, pollen, dust, and all air borne particles. So, they deserve proper care too. You should change your filters at least once every three months but if you live in a very dusty environment, you should change them more often.
2. Dirty filters will reduce the performance of your unit and make it work even harder to give less output. It will consume more electricity with less air flow, resulting in poor overall performance. It may even eventually affect other components in the unit and bring the whole system down. So, it’s safe to say regular filter changes help to lengthen the lifespan of your AC unit.
3. The manual of your unit should have the stipulated timing for changing of the filter. Try to stick to it. Changing the filters regularly may come with some cost but not changing them will prove costlier in the long run.
4. For better air quality, you need to run your unit for longer periods of time for continuous air flow. This is the reason you should choose AC units that are more energy efficient. If your unit is up to 5 years old, you should be thinking of replacing it because energy efficiency is always progressing and becoming more modernized.
Humidity causes many more problems than you think and that’s why keeping humidity low is one of the main functions of your air conditioning unit. Here are some of the reasons you should keep humidity low in your home:
• Humidity is what actually makes higher temperatures unbearable, not the temperature itself. With low humidity, your unit will work less and last longer.
• To keep humidity low, the air filter attracts humid air and moisture from inside. This is another reason to change your air filters regularly.
• High humidity levels also lay solid foundation for mold growth. You don’t want to cope with health problems associated with mold.
However, it is important to bear in mind that your choice of AC contractor plays one of the most crucial parts in the performance and durability of your unit. An experienced contractor will install high quality units for you and provide proper suggestions. Contact Cool Bear Services for a consultation and a quote as we are highly experienced in numerous brands of air conditioning units and have built a reputation of quality service over the years.
For a consultation and a quote contact us today at (561) 572-3636